"I understand. Your heart may feel dead and gone, but it's there. Something wild and strong and valiant, just waiting to be released." - J. Eldredge

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Life has.....

flown by. For serious. It's been two months since my last post. But somehow I have a daily readership of 50 or so people. Who are you? Where do you come from? Welcome. Obviously, but seriously, what's bringing you back? I've wondered what to do with this blog because my life has changed astronomically since it's first post more than two years ago. I lived in a different state, on a different coast, was not a mother and I can't even say that I am really the same person. A lot about me is the same. I'm still the insecure job searching, God seeking person I was two years ago. But I'm also a person that grew another human within her, birthed said human and is raising her with an amazing husband like a BOSS. I can't write an effective resume, but I'm a damn good mom.

I feel pretty good about that.

So what's been happening in the last few months, you ask?


  • Hazel continues to amaze us daily. She's crawling and standing with help. She loves mangoes, oatmeal, apples, avocados, toast, pears and bananas. She hasn't met a food she doesn't like, and we like that. She says mama and dada along with a myriad of other jibber jabber day in and day out. I always wanted a kid with a good laugh. Hazel has an amazing laugh. It comes from deep down in her gut and it's infectious. You just have to catch her in the right mood.


  • We celebrated Ian's birthday. Some people don't think birthdays are a big deal. They are to me. Ian is an amazing dad and husband and an all around good person that a lot of people really like. I like to use May 15th as an opportunity to say, "Hey! I'm glad you're in my life. And I'm glad you were borned." A little story about Ian: June will mark 10 years since we started dating in high school, yet I seem to learn a little more about him each year. This year, his 26th, I learned just how far his selflessness can reach. He's a great dad. I said that already, but no. He's a great dad. Besides the all out 24/7 waiting on me he did during the pregnancy, he was a rock during labor and delivery. **gross business coming** During my water birth, I reached a point where I could no longer push and hold myself up above the water and I was slipping and sliding all over the tub. Good times. So the midwife suggested Ian get in and hold me up. Once Hazel was born and taken away from me while I finished taking care of business and she got all cleaned up, Ian went AWOL. I could overhear the nurses calling for him so that the baby could have skin-to-skin time with dad right away. Where was he?? Well he was in the bathroom cleaning MY blood off of himself before he got into dry clothes (un-showered) so that he could enjoy his new baby. Without hesitation, without any regard to how gross it was going to be, he did what needed to be done. That's a good husband. And I'm glad he's mine.
  • We took church directory photos. Yes, they turned out as well as you can expect church directory photos can. Post to come on this matter. I still die laughing at Hazel's face. The whole process is redic. But we have one for the books. Literally.

Time is zooming by so fast, I can't think of much else. I hope in two months time, we did more things, but it's 9pm so who's to say??

I want to say thanks again for coming to find the same old post over and over again for the last two months. I'd love to hear from you. Say hi some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment