"I understand. Your heart may feel dead and gone, but it's there. Something wild and strong and valiant, just waiting to be released." - J. Eldredge

Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend

We had a really fun and unique weekend! My brother was ordained and installed as our Associate Pastor and I was proud to provide his introduction during the ceremony.


He gives the best Benediction. It gets me every time.















After we celebrated Brad and his accomplishments, we continued the party as our family has a long-standing tradition to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!

My cousin and I grew up together and really enjoyed sharing our first pregnancies at the same time. Now we enjoy watching our girls play and laughing at completely unplanned matching outfits.


She lives two hours north, so when this happened it made it all the more special. Even distance can't break the connection.

These are the babies of 2011. Hazel Joy (Sept 24) Lucas (Dec 7) and Abigail (Dec 9). Obviously Hazel was NOT in a smiley mood that day! But she loves her cousins!
 

Ian worked a long day as the restaurant had a HUGE local banquet. When it was bed time, since he wasn't home yet, I thought it would be fun to have a slumber party in my bed. Then I was reminded why sweet little Hazel Joy has her own bed in her own room. (This is just an audio. There is no picture to see because it was dark, and some of us thought it was bed time. Some didn't however.)

 

I sent her packing to her own bed and she continued to happily coo until almost 11.. She's a joy. She's also nuts. 

We all lead very busy lives. While this weekend was busier than most, it was a wonderful time with family. I am so thankful to have so much family so close and I'm thankful that we use holidays like St. Patrick's Day as an excuse to get together. Well, we are of Irish descent, but still, Hazel is part of 4 living generations of Brocks. She is benefiting from a legacy of making family time important. And that makes me happy. And Lucky. And blessed.

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny! Kyle is reading next to me and when I played Hazel's special noises he said, "What are you watching?! Is that a cat?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me lol! She does sound like a cat!

      Delete