"I understand. Your heart may feel dead and gone, but it's there. Something wild and strong and valiant, just waiting to be released." - J. Eldredge

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Then I Get to the Cross....


I can't say enough about how much I love my baby girl. There aren't words. She's a beautiful gift that just keeps giving. Also, she fusses a lot. She's my happy girl that like us all, reaches a point in her awake time where she just can't be awake any longer. She's just still at that age where she can get away with crying about it. She hates to be changed. And she lets us know. And sometimes like most babes, she cries through every tried and true comfort that a mama knows, but she's just gonna cry until she's good and ready to stop.

That's my girl.

When she has these spells of cryin' for the sake of cryin', I do what any desperate mama would do. Along with the bounce and sway duo, I start singing. My mind is always working to come up with a good song to lighten the mood. I start sifting through my mental file cabinet of my favorite songs from when I was a kid.

If I were a butterfly...na na na na na na na....can't remember the words......but I just thank you father for making me, me.

Okay. Try something that I can remember all the words to.

One day I started singing, This is the day, This is the day, This is the day that the Lord has made.

Hoping Hazel is getting the hint...

I will rejoice and be glad in it. This is the day. This is the day that the Lord has made.

I loved that song when I was little. Today I introduced:

It's a happy happy day! And I thank God for Hazel. It's a happy happy day and I'm livin' it for my Lord.

Shooby-do-bop-BOP

It's a happy, happy day and things are gonna get better cause I'm livin' each day with the promises of  God's word.

I LOVED those songs when I was little. As an adult you can't help but sing with a smile and a goofy little dance to boot! But let me tell ya, their meanings have never meant more to me than they do now. As a kid, I didn't really know what a bad day was. If we are lucky kids, we are oblivious to a bad day. Adults are more prone to them.

Here's what I know. Good or bad, this is the day the LORD has made.

But God, why did you have to make it a bad day? And you expect me to rejoice in that?

Thanks for nothing.

Let's say it again. This is the day that the LORD has made.

I've come to realize that it's not a day that I've made. I don't have that authority. As much as I think I would like that authority, to choose how things go each day, to make it just right for me, I don't have the capacity to make it as good and perfect as God, my LORD would.

So that makes me wonder if since it's a day that the Lord has made, is it really all that bad after all? Baby's crying again. Husband comes home 3 hours late from work and has 3 hours of homework ahead of him. I'm exhausted. I've been freezing in this house all day. But God, since this is the day that YOU have made, I will choose to REJOICE and be glad in it. Because it's a happy, happy day. And things ARE going to get better. Only because I'm living each day by the promises of YOUR word.




                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   putting God's actions in submission to my reasoning....tisk tisk...

No comments:

Post a Comment